Monday, November 15, 2010

A mini weekend getaway

Sometimes, you just need a weekend getaway & so that's exactly what Kris and I did on our days off.
We took off to Inn at the Tides, Bodega Bay Ca.

On the coast just a two hour drive from where we live, yet it felt like a world away!

(My parents used to take family get aways to Bodega Bay when we were little, and I have been begging Kris to go with me for five years now, and we finally did it!!)

The Beautiful Bay


The weather was glorious! But really, 80 degree weather in November?! Odd, but not hated.


The first thing we did was put on our bathing suits, and robes and headed off to the pool/hot tub.
The lay out of this Inn is beautiful and so Serene. But I wasn't a huge fan of these...

After a very delicious dinner at the Inn's restaurant, we came back to the room and spent the entire night being lazy in our robes and enjoying our fire. Our room had such a smokey log cabin smell to it all night long, which turned out to be the cherry on top of our relaxing mini get-away.

 
And then..... it was time to head home.

Such a great way to recharge and refresh the human spirit.
We definitely plan on making this trip more often.
& now...... It's back to reality, recharged and even more in love.


This part is for you Kris because babe, you say the funniest things & I never want to forget them. & there were so many but these were so memorable.
"It smells like fried nail polish!"
"Look at those cows, those are some happy ass cows"
"I wish I could spend a whole day documenting deers, eat, walk around, play who wants to cross the dangerous freeway"
Love my silly B.

6 comments:

  1. You guys are so in love! I am so happy for you guys! Beautiful pictures lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love little get aways- so much fun and so much love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! It is making me more and more excited for our weekend get-a-way this weekend for our One year wedding Anniversary!!!
    I love how you post all the wonderful places in near SF. I can hardly wait to visit My Uncles in SF next year I will bookmark this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Girl! That vacay looked fantastic! I know you two had a blast. I have 2 more months until my vacation with my honey and I can't wait.

    P.S. you two are adorable as a couple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like the perfect mini vacay!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Bodega Bay. We go there every year for my sister's birthday. Looks like you had a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete