Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Shitty Shit Shit Day

Yes... I curse.. not like a sailor,but I do curse... and only when its absolutely necessary. Like Today... today is an absolute necessary day to curse. So yes. I have had a SHITTY SHIT SHIT day.
Do you ever have days when you are exhausted by each and every thing that your asked to do? Do you ever have days when enough is enough... and all you want/need/require is the privacy and calmness of your own home, bed, TV and couch? Do you ever just have the complete urge to tell the world to just pause for a second while you catch up and get in a better mood.
Well that was my day today. In fact.... It reminds me a lot of a story that my Aunt used to read my cousins and I when we were little....
"Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day"
The books summary goes like this......
The Story
When six-year-old Alexander wakes up with gum in his hair, then trips on a skateboard, and then accidentally dries his
wet face on his sweater rather than his towel, he can tell: it’s going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day! In
the following scene, the day gets progressively worse as his teacher doesn’t like his drawing of an invisible castle, his
lunchbox doesn’t have any dessert, and his best friend Paul declares that Alexander is only his third best friend. It’s
enough to make Alexander wish be could move to Australia! After school, the dentist finds a cavity in Alexander’s
tooth, the shoe store is out of the shoes he wants, and he makes a big mess at his father’s office. It really has been a
terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day, but Alexander learns that some days are like that. Even in Australia.


When today went sour, I automatically thought of this book, and I havent thought of this book in years.. I mean years. I googled it just out of curiosity and ... WA LA. Me and Alexander have a lot more in common then I wish we did.


I wonder if someone in Australia is having the same day as I am.....?

No comments:

Post a Comment