Thursday, December 10, 2009

Project:

Life got the best of me today, in return I had to retreat to something that would take my attention away from everything I did not want to think of. The result? A complete wall make over.
Exhibit A: My wall before I decided to become completely creative, aka shut the world off and fully indulge in artistic designer idontknowwhattheheckimdoing but IT WILL work if its the last thing I ever do... mind set, as long as it takes me away from the world I had to live in today.
Main Wall Before....
Main Wall From the Left....From The Right....
And After..... From the left..

After from the right...


Left Wall before.... (left from my balcony door)

And After......
Right sided angle .......

Complete wall before.... ( Excuse the broom, I was trying to be as thorough as possible)

Complete wall after.....


The Small Pictures, my Mom and Yia-Yia's friend had cut the edges of a ton of picture frames in order to do something creative, which I'm still not sure what he used them for... but the great part is that he left the scraps to them... I cant take all the credit because it was a honest group effort, we took old photos from a vintage magazine and wrapped them in plastic, and then connecting them to the scrap photo frames. It turned out beautiful and I'm completely in love. Who needs full photo frames anyway, thats so yesterday right?
On the left side of the balcony door I took the previous frames that were hanging on the right side and I replaced the photos with black and white pictures I had found in yet another magazine.... the pictures came together beautifully. Although they have no meaning to anyone but myself.... I kind of like it that way, it makes it more personal. Isn't that what art is supposed to be anyway?
All in all, I am very satisfied with my afternoon project, and it did indeed took
my mind away from the other troubles that the world has left me with today......
I'm off to decorate the Christmas tree with my brother. A post for that will be coming soon, figuring that all goes well that is...

No comments:

Post a Comment