Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Two Thousand & Nine


In 2009 I welcomed the new year with an amazing group of people.....

I welcomed it with Kris...

I baked rice krispies with my brother

I had some ridiculous moments with my best friend...


I went to Santa Cruz with Kris's family

I went out with the girls...

I TURNED TWENTY ONE! Can I get a fist pump?!

I went to a cousin reunion....

I went to love fest with my one true woman love.

I went to Vegas for the first time....

I was apart of Kris's sisters wedding. All ten days of it.

We lost two very special, loving, unique, unforgettable people. Angiemousi & Indu will live on in our hearts forever.

I went to Vegas again....

Except this time we drove....

I threw my Dad a very memorable 60th birthday party...

I went as Pocahontas for Halloween....... again.

I spent Christmas with my family... and Kris... again.


As with every year that I am blessed to live again, this year has taught me more then I have learned in a long time. I have learned that the people in your life are not guaranteed to you tomorrow, so love them deeply, richly and openly. Don't wait until tomorrow to tell a certain someone just how much of impact they really have on your life. Live in the moment and not for tomorrow.... challenge yourself if this is something that does not come easy, because you will reap the benefits. This year has taught me that the best things come to those who wait... that a family is not just people who are blood related, but a group of people who are connected emotionally and spiritually through tender moments and tough times. I have learned that love does change with time, and if you work at it love becomes a fabric to a relationship that only grows stronger with time. I learned that I have the power to change any circumstance that I am in, even when I am beyond convinced otherwise... it is a true fact that only I can make work for myself. This year I learned that this too shall pass..... even though it never feels like it.

Here is to next year.... a year full of family.. both related and unrelated.. to a love that is growing.. to the faith that I have in myself and in others... to strength to get me by.

No comments:

Post a Comment