Thursday, February 18, 2010

She works hard for her moneyyy

When I first took this job, I gave my self a little speech.... It went something like this:



"Listen, You're taking on this new job, with all these responsibilities and new twists and turns. You can not let yourself get all obsessed and completely indulged in this job. You have things to do, hobbies to complete, people to spend time with. Promise yourself that you will work hard and in depth while at work, and once you hit that door to leave for home, no more work until the next day. Okay Veronica? OKAY!"



Well.... err.....
Dear Me. You suck, yes we know this.
I just can’t sleep well when I don’t have things completed! I am a big bad manager now; I have deadlines, and budgets and vendors and entertainers and employees OH MY!
And we can’t forget those picky picky picky yet sweet residents of course....

Where can I purchase another day in the week?



I should be a super hero... my name should be something that goes along with being Organized. Suggestions?
Because God forbid I am not organized, I WILL find a way. Even if that means bringing home all my work.

The best thing about taking home work and getting things done in the comfort of your own home?............



A nice big glass of wine. *amen*.
And cheers to those who bring work home with them.

5 comments:

  1. I was in a job like that not too very long ago. My blackberry would go off at 4am on a Sunday..no lie. But the wine helps a lot.Those paychecks usually are salaried which is really nice because then you can get the expensive wine and keep the Yellowtail for emergencies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man. Sounds like you've got your hands full.

    I bet you don't have employees who are jerks to customers! See's candy sure does! Forgive me.. I'm still a bit upset from earlier today... I posted about it..

    http://myprettypinkpearl.blogspot.com/2010/02/horrible-sees-candy-experience.html

    if you comment and tell me what you think, the District Sales Manager might see it, I'm calling her tomorrow and slipping in that I posted about my experience online.. I'll even give her the website.

    Ugh. as a manager, I'm curious to know what you think about this whole thing. I think the lady was totally rude to me... which is out of line.. she broke all the rules of customer service!

    :( Maybe I'm just making more work for poor managers like yourself.. but wouldn't the manager wan to know about this so they could deal with it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. try and get some rest this weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, that doesn't sound/look like fun! But the good thing about working from home is that you can do it in your PJ's and be all comfy. And have wine. So that's the good news.

    It looks like some heavy stuff you're dealing with so I hope you can get it all done and enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stephany, I always enjoy your comments. Thank you! and are you back to blogging yet?

    ReplyDelete